iSkyify Forums

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to join in the conversation by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

[iSurvival] There should be an easier way to get Dollars

You read it right, not a suggestion that looks wise for such a survival-focused server, but for sure, something that makes everything interesting and easier for players within is trading with each other using money, so that way they can trade something worth less than a diamond for something that can be worn anything: the currency. But as of right now, using the currency to trade between ourselves is just a dream under the current conditions we find ourselves within.
Getting money on this server is extremely hard! the only way to currently obtain currency is through the loot crates at spawn (such as the vote crate, guardian crate, etc.), and since not everyone is interested in any of these, trading with money is just a secondary pane, exclusive to only the most fortunate to have money. Trading with items is not reliable since there will be no aggregated value on them, just necessity, which makes trades extremely momentary and rare. Hence is the reason for a Revamp on how we get money: to save trading and make it better.

Currently, in-game shops for selling stuff doesn't seem a viable alternative, since the server is mostly focused on survival, so it is advisable that the server adopts some way to reward the player while surviving, and thus came the idea of adopting the jobs system, a system for survival servers which rewards players with money when they do general work, like mining, farming, or lumbering. The jobs system has a quota, which is the max money and job XP you can get per day or per defined time period, and each job has different ways of giving (and taking) money for more balance, i.e when a miner mines coal, he gets much less money than when he mines a diamond, which would give an amount of money which would equal to fishing a pufferfish, each small action would give different amounts of currency, and the economy would be defined by the quota, which is up to the decision of the server administration.

Of course, its reckoned that the jobs system isn't the only solution to our economic problem, and yes, it is notable that having such constant form of income would result in inflation since players don't spend money with anything but trading between themselves (no money goes out of the system), but there is still an array of options to select, such as giving the players an option to spend in-game money with something that isn't items, such as boosts or XP packs, but these decisions are up to you, reader.

Thanks dearly for your attention.
~C.H.

SrCookies

Staff member
You read it right, not a suggestion that looks wise for such a survival-focused server, but for sure, something that makes everything interesting and easier for players within is trading with each other using money, so that way they can trade something worth less than a diamond for something that can be worn anything: the currency. But as of right now, using the currency to trade between ourselves is just a dream under the current conditions we find ourselves within.
Getting money on this server is extremely hard! the only way to currently obtain currency is through the loot crates at spawn (such as the vote crate, guardian crate, etc.), and since not everyone is interested in any of these, trading with money is just a secondary pane, exclusive to only the most fortunate to have money. Trading with items is not reliable since there will be no aggregated value on them, just necessity, which makes trades extremely momentary and rare. Hence is the reason for a Revamp on how we get money: to save trading and make it better.

Currently, in-game shops for selling stuff doesn't seem a viable alternative, since the server is mostly focused on survival, so it is advisable that the server adopts some way to reward the player while surviving, and thus came the idea of adopting the jobs system, a system for survival servers which rewards players with money when they do general work, like mining, farming, or lumbering. The jobs system has a quota, which is the max money and job XP you can get per day or per defined time period, and each job has different ways of giving (and taking) money for more balance, i.e when a miner mines coal, he gets much less money than when he mines a diamond, which would give an amount of money which would equal to fishing a pufferfish, each small action would give different amounts of currency, and the economy would be defined by the quota, which is up to the decision of the server administration.

Of course, its reckoned that the jobs system isn't the only solution to our economic problem, and yes, it is notable that having such constant form of income would result in inflation since players don't spend money with anything but trading between themselves (no money goes out of the system), but there is still an array of options to select, such as giving the players an option to spend in-game money with something that isn't items, such as boosts or XP packs, but these decisions are up to you, reader.

Thanks dearly for your attention.
~C.H.
Actually emeralds are the currency, the best way to get emeralds besides mining is to make a villager farm, which is EASY and simple to do.
Survival is **Survival**.
Not Towny. Towny is a different gamemode.
If you want items in game, you need to find them by exploring and finding them, by making a farm, or talking with other players and trading with them.
While those who care to Donate to the server and help keep it running, for *everyone* to play and enjoy, do get perks as a thankyou for doing so, everything they get in the Rank *is obtainable in game* already.
The only reason we implemented a money system in **Survival** is so that players can use the Auction House, and share items when offline. You can easily obtain emeralds in game with villagers and trading, which also generates xp

the main point of this post is that the auction house is a deluxe-exclusive thing, and honestly, it would probably be better removed under current conditions, since getting money is just a fever system, based on a mechanic that only the people who found a farmer villager can do, the server gives us no villagers, why would it be easy?

for me, having such universal system based on something as specific as collecting emeralds from farms is plain bad for any server, it's not an incentive money system, indeed, no one would want to trade a pack of emeralds for such so little money when they could be getting extremely powerful enchantment books. this system outvalues everything else in the game and makes trading with money on the auctions not very intuitive, which is why I suggested giving money by work, not by a specific universal system not everyone can do. I might give another suggestion: remove the currency from the game, it's not intuitive, and only delusive as it is.

EDIT: I never told to add shops, by "trading" I meant giving items in exchange for money, which is logically only possible in the auctions, duh.

Last edited:

SrCookies

Staff member
the main point of this post is that the auction house is a deluxe-exclusive thing, and honestly, it would probably be better removed under current conditions, since getting money is just a fever system, based on a mechanic that only the people who found a farmer villager can do, the server gives us no villagers, why would it be easy?

for me, having such universal system based on something as specific as collecting emeralds from farms is plain bad for any server, it's not an incentive money system, indeed, no one would want to trade a pack of emeralds for such so little money when they could be getting extremely powerful enchantment books. this system outvalues everything else in the game and makes trading with money on the auctions not very intuitive, which is why I suggested giving money by work, not by a specific universal system not everyone can do. I might give another suggestion: remove the currency from the game, it's not intuitive, and only delusive as it is.

EDIT: I never told to add shops, by "trading" I meant giving items in exchange for money, which is logically only possible in the auctions, duh.
I will repeat since I guess it was not read the first time: The only reason we implemented a money system in **Survival** is so that players can use the Auction House, and share items when offline. As far as it being a “deluxe exclusive thing...”. How’s that. Everyone has access to it and anyone can buy things from it. If you want something which I will repeat yet again: you can talk to other players to trade items with each other. Also a villager farm means you get any two villagers you want and spend the damn time breeding them and finding a village in which to start yours! You don’t have to use the ah or exchange emeralds for anything. You can play it as SURVIVAL and find your own stuff. If you want a “jobs” system then I recommend you head to towny. Since this is SURVIVAL there will not be a jobs system.